Five good reasons for knowing the character and qualities of your soil:
- Get the right seed types for the right soil, your soil, giving better seed establishment, more stress resilient plants and so longer plant life (saving money)
- Utilise the current soil qualities to their full potential and understand how best to manage that land in the future (further advice can be provided)
- Plan any future inputs required (eg agricultural fields needing to increase productivity through liming to raise the pH or nutrients), or indeed to be avoided.
- Bench mark your soil quality now, to monitor changes over time, allowing you to know what effect your management is having on the quality of your soil.
- Take control of your land; by knowing you have the knowledge of your own soils, therefore allowing you to choose a reliable and trusted supplier to give advice.